Speaker recommendations in the $3,500-$4,000 range

I'm in the market for a good, full-range speaker for simple stereo listening. I have an Anthem TLP-1 preamp, and will probably get an anthem amp to drive the speakers as well. I'd like full-range speakers (where no sub is needed)...and my budget will be between $3,500-$4,000.

I just finished mastering a CD at MasterMix in Nashville, so I've spent 12 hours in front of the finest PMC monitor system in the US...so that is point of reference. Thanks for any input!!!
clay49
Although I've never heard them, you may want to ask about the Green Mountain Audio Callisto. They may be exactly what you're looking for.
I agree with Jack Dotson... good choice....the Energy Veritas 2.4i are great value. Energy were my first speakers (as a student I could not afford more expensive ones). I was very happy with Energy's and still own them. They have a tendency towards boominess in the bass and brightness in the treble and are not quite up to extremely loud levels (sounding slightly compressed). However, for that much quality bandwidth at this price ...they are very very hard to beat... a great speaker in my mind!

BTW: Energy make their own drivers! This must help add to the good value as, unlike many other speaker manufacturers, they don't have to buy the most expensive components to make their speakers (and mark them up a second time).