speakers for classical music

Would like to hear from classical music listeners as to best floorstanders for that genre. B&W 803's sound good but want to get input with regard to other possibilities.
musicnoise
Thanks for commenting about the Quads' limitations from an owners perspective. If you listen to chamber music and stay away from percussion, 20th century music, Mahler, Holtz, Stravinski, etc., then you'll be ok, and enthralled with the incredible midrange; however, just about anything by Mahler will crap them out, even with a sub, if you allow a realistic SPL, exceeding 100dB at the peaks.

I love them on certain things, but could never use them in my system with my listening preferences.

Dave
Harbeths and Spendors would be my 1st choice for classical music, but then again, the Harbeths can go with all sort of music.
DCstep, actually some people believe the right sub can solve the problem, but I never tried it (actually, I tried a Velodyne but had no luck). I've been recommended a couple of gradient subs, but my room is probably too small for that. If anyone was able to perfectly integrate a sub with the 57 we would probably have the best speaker ever...
Integrating the subs is a big problem, IME; however, I concede that someone might be able to make it work.

Dave
i can see the dipole route for chamber music but if you listen to a lot of large group or orchestra music, the "best" would be a truly full range speaker which is going to be large like an apogee full range. The big dunlavy's or duntech's get the detail in the mids better than anything i have heard. But, while some people find them stunning others find they are clinical. i like 'em all, from spendors to quads to dunlavy to apogee and maggies. I can only say that there is little way around a large speaker for symphonic music.