Speakers Like Merlin VSM?

I once owned a pair of VSM-M's and regretably sold them. At the time I owned them I spent a good amount on my system and although it wasn't perfect I was never let down by these speakers. Actually they are the best I have heard to date. I once heard my Merlins hooked up to a Berning ZH-270 and it knocked me out.

I'm not real sure I could amass a system like that again but I was wondering..... Who's the new Merlin? I may just have to save up and go for it.

The Merlins with the BAM are just awesome especially if your into vinyl. If any of you live in Texas or nearby there and want to sell your Merlins please send me an e-mail.
avivey
Bobbyapalkovic: You seem to think that because i am a manufacturer i should have different rules governing my behavior or somehow act accordingly.

We may have an honest difference of perspective, but precisely, in fact I actually do think so. Apparenty so do most manufacturers you and I might respect, because they provide information but do not participate in these exchanges.

I am afraid that this is a free country and if you say something offensive (imho) and i take exception to it, i will respond, manufacturer or not.

Freedom does not force maturity or wisdom. Those are still optional. From saints to sinners and everyone in between, they all have the same freedoms, but use them differently.

i have met david berning only once and he was one of the quietest, softest and kindest gentleman that i have ever met. he is also absolutely brilliant as all of his designs indicate and someone to be respected. he is so soft spoken that he would never stick up for himself on this forum..

Have you considered the possibility that besides being soft and kind, he is simply a wiser and more mature person, who knows when to talk and when to stay quiet? That he lets his product speak for itself and gives everyone trying them their personal space to think and go back and forth without interference? That you could learn something from people like him?
Aktchi is hitting the nail on the head time and again!! However, the Bobby P is really being extremely immature in this thread. He didn't learn anything from Berning! I hope that all viewing this thread can easily this!!

Bobby P: it would really be best if you terminated posting on this thread. You are making a fool of yourself in spades!
My opinion of the amp remains what it was & your strong-arming me will not change it. Yes, it is my opinion & it remains different from yours. I am entitled it to & you are entitled to yours. if I say something bad about the amp, you DO NOT NEED TO GO ON THE OFFENSIVE AGAINST ME. What you need to do is consider my opinion contrary to yours & move on with your life.

You very little about that listening session & so DON'T TELL ME WHAT I HEARD that day. OK?!

You have a good weekend too.
Bobby, I have never responded to any of your threads since I am not a Merlin owner. However, I have always been amazed at your graciousness as a manufacturer and the gentlemanly manner in how you have conducted yourself, both here and on AA. I see your participation in this thread no differently.

Bombaywalla has banged on the Berning for some time and he continues to do so. Just take it all with a grain of salt. Obviously, something was amiss in the system in which he heard the Berning. Do a search and look at all of the raves for the Berning and then look at all of the knocks on the Berning. It's no contest. The knocks are miniscule to the point of almost being non-existent.

As an example, another prolific poster on the 'Gon said he could never rid his Berning of high-frequency glare so he sold his ZH270. I had the same problem with my ZH270 and was beginning to think he was right. On a whim, I decided to try new IC's that I had seen advertised a lot. Lo and behold the glare vanished and my system took a huge leap forward overall. I never would have believed it because my old IC's were $$$ and very highly regarded. After changing my IC's, I clearly get why everyone raves about the ZH270.

But more importantly, the poster who ragged on the Berning and continues to do so was using the EXACT SAME IC's as my old IC's! The high-frequency glare wasn't from the ZH270, but rather from the IC's that we both had been using. To this day the guy is clueless because he sold the Berning before SELLING HIS IC's.

Bobby, the way I see it is if 99 people out of 100 love something and I am the only one who doesn't, then that leaves me with two choices. I can continue to be a moron and say that I am right and everyone else is wrong or I can step back and ask myself if I could be wrong. (And I usually am, BTW :)
aktchi,
agreed!
most manufacturers do offer information only, 99.9% of the time i do too. and what you see as a lack of maturity and wisdom i see as a defense of what is right and wrong and a nice way of being. we agree to disagree on that one too!
your last point is exactly is exactly what concerned me about bombay. nothing of any substance is to be taken from black and white comments that have no substance. and if you can't see that, you are just a buffoon trying to provoke this further.
if you don't like it...don't read it.
bobby
This thread reminds me of another heated thread where an owner of an excellent high $$$ speaker insisted that another very similarly designed high $$$ brand of speaker made his "ears bleed".

I respect opinions. I also respect people's ability to form their own judgement based on what they read. I believe most readers know all to well the true value of these kind of comments...

(Disclaimer: I own none of the products being discussed in this thread. I am not a manufacturer)