Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
Glad to hear you like your PMCs, too. I have a couple of GIK Tri-traps in my large, oddly shaped room and they help, for sure. I'm continually surprised by the quality and energy of the bass these speakers produce. Visitors look around for a sub! I'm very satisfied, for the first time.
I have a pair of Celestion SL-700s. I bought them 13 years ago - used, of course. They are great stand-mounted monitors. I use them for both music and video in my small master bedroom.
My answer is the Ohm Walsh 3s. Last summer I purchased the S3.3000 upgrade for my 1984 vintage Walsh 3s. It has been several months now that I have begun to listen to the upgraded drivers.

Now I am not reviewer, not like you see on 6Moons. But I can say that I am so delighted with these speakers. I love the detail, the deeper bass response, the overall presence of the sound. I have read that these speakers take time to
break in. I am not completely sure what that means, but I suspect it has something to do with getting the cones in the drivers to loosen up a bit so that they more accurately reproduce the sound. For sure, I noticed over the first
several months that the overall sound became more sensuous, if you know what I mean. Perhaps it will take even longer to get the full benefit from that process. But already I like what I hear.

My musical interests are all over the map. I liken to a lot of jazz, particularly Bill Evans, and folk, like Richard Shindell and Richard Thompson, and rock too, the classics and newer groups, for example, Dawes and Fleet Foxes.
No matter what I put to these speakers, I simply love the sound and the tonal qualities they deliver; I do not fatigue listening to them.

The rest of my system is a Rega RP-3 TT with an Ortofon Black 2M, a Rotel CD player (1072), a Conrad Johnson MF-2500a amp, CJ PV-15 LS and a Whest PS.30R phono preamp. The upgraded 3s sit at the end of all of that.

Bottom line: I hear terrific detail, an excellent sound stage, and beautiful tonal qualities. Love 'em. Simple as that. Speakers so far for life.
I had Anthony Gallo 3.1's(great little speaker) and thought I'd have them for 10+ years until I heard the PMC FB1i's and traded them in for them. The PMC's can't hold a candle to a lot of speakers listed in this forum but for the $ amount you get a really nice speaker. They just work well with all kinds of music. I will probably have them for a long time unless something blows me away for a reasonable price.
I have bought my apogee calliper signature in 1991 and have no intention to change them. I have bought new pre,new turntable ,arm ,cartridge,cable...but each time i go in a high end hifi show ,i think i don't miss anything at home. I listen primarily to opera ,oratoiro, lyric...and have at home a natural sound fantastic on voices which let me imagine i am at concert. So i buy a lot of vinyl second hand at the moment.
Next improvement on the speaker will be a refurbishing with Graz parts from Australia and i think i shall keep them for another 20 years