Stand alone dac vs built in dac what's the better

Which we be the way to go?
antwan
Phasecorrect said,,, " At least in a cd based system... in which technology hit a ceiling years ago ". LOL, guess he hasn't tried a high end CD player made in the last few years. I have and there's been a world of improvements in the last three years.
What Tmsorosk said about "keeping the noise away..." is the main reason to ditch the CD transport or CD player alltogether. A LINN DS unit will simply trash most CD players under $15k on the planet. I have heard it. Use DbPoweramp to rip your exisintg CDs into a NAS and use the DS with an iPad to access your entire library. Could not get any easier.
Manufacturers and dealers are the ones touting improvements...and even they concede its marginal at best even on the hi end as they have upsampled,oversampled,etc for years...but everyone wants to justify their purchase...even where so called improvements are incremental...last time I checked cd was still 16/44...
There are severe jitter issues with external dacs...which manufacturers have the upper hand controlling when designing their own players...but the future is pc/media based...where internal dacs and resolution...unlike cd...are actually improving at warp speed
Manufacturers and dealers are the ones touting improvements...and even they concede its marginal at best even on the hi end as they have upsampled,oversampled,etc for years...but everyone wants to justify their purchase...even where so called improvements are incremental...last time I checked cd was still 16/44...