Subwoofer Advice

I am running a pair of Martin Logan ESL 13A speakers (24-23,000 Hz). I would have thought with two 10" woofers there would be more bas (the base level dial on the rear of the speakers doesn’t seem to cut it either).

In the past I had a pair of ML Spires (29-23,000 Hz) with only one 10" woofer that had so much base, I sold my pair of ForceField 30s. Not the case with the 13A’s.

I don’t have a lot of room, maybe 16" or so square and I was wondering about a pair of SVS Micros. Do you think they would complement the 13As or do I need something bigger?

Martin Logan has come out with a few new subs lately; do you think I should keep in the ML family?

Hoping to come in under $2K, so used is fine. Thanks all!

I should also mention I’m limited on space so placement would likely have to be on the inside or the outside of the main speakers (same back wall).

128x128navyachts

@audio_rd_uk that is so funny you mention the Sub10. I just watched Steve Huff's (HiFi Huff) review of it just an hour ago...LOL!

Given your room size forget the RS-1b, they want more period ! Been there, built  bigger sold em. Moved up to IRS Beta’s…subs, not likely lol ! 
Cheers 

@navyachts I will have a look at Steve Huff’s, I just knew the other guy had reviewed the Kefs and SVS Micro’s. If Buchardt did something a little bigger, say a 12 or 13 size wise they would be great for my rear set up.

But if those 10’s are big enough for your room, placement seems to be very flexible

Not that I want to turn you away from a UK manufacturer like Kef - UK HiFi Development is part of my ’income’, though not on any product I’ve ever commented on here.

@navyachts There is not a single driver subwoofer that can match a balanced force subwoofer for accuracy. That leaves only KEF, Magico, Martin Logan and myself as options and I am not building any more. See building resonance free subwoofer thread below.