Suggestions? Tubed linestage pre-amp??

Budget <$3500. Would prefer new but not ruling out newer used. Do not need a phono stage or DAC, so linestage (tubed not ss) - but don't want passive...need some gain.

Just starting to put together a short list. Looking to upgrade the Consonance Reference 50 pre I'm using. Hoping to find dealers allowing in-home audition or money back trial period.

On the list so far:
Doge 8 SCR
Eastern Electric Minimax
PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium

Checked past threads to see if this might have been covered. Couldn't find it. If there's something relatively current I missed, do please point me to it.

Thanks in advance for your help.
128x128ghosthouse
Thanks Sabai...I'll do some reading on the TP 2.3. Thanks also to Abrew and Triode.
You might want to take a look at the VAC Standard preamp that was just listed. No relation to the seller. If I did not have the Aesthetix Calypso/Rhea I would buy it. You do not see a lot of VAC equipment come up for sale and most of their new line is a lot more expensive than this piece.
The Modwright LS-100 is an exceptional PA, and falls within your budget new. There is a used one, in sliver, listed on AC, it is not mine nor do I know the seller.