Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
bondmanp ...

Try reversing the fuse direction. Its sounds like you may have it in the wrong direction. 

OP
bondmanp:

What Pre amp are you using? I look forward to your listening experiences after you have more time on the fuse. It will be interesting to read your report of any differences the direction makes.

Note to Synergistic Research Transporter users.
 Upgrading the factory fuses (SR-20's) to the SR Black has made a significant improvement to my system. I very much think it is worth the upgrade to the Black fuse. The Transporter uses three fuses.

Reminder - The Newport Beach Audio Show is June 3-4-5 this year at the Hotel Irvine. Synergistic Research will have a major display of their products. I think this is a great show to go to.

David Pritchard

DavidPritchard, I agree SR has many new interesting products. I'm ordering some UEF Acoustic Panels.   It also has a 30 days money back guarantee so nothing to lose. 
knghifi:

Congratulations on trying the UEF acoustic panels. Did they come with  the new UEF acoustic dots that go on the wall and ceiling? 
Synergistic Research is having a special promotion April 15-17 as these panels are being introduced at the Chicago Audio Show which starts tomorrow.

I would think your dealer would match the show special. 

Scott Walker Audio is handling the show sales. 
seven-one-four-three-four-nine--seven-seven-eight-two

These were designed for recording studios. Scott Walker in an E-mail says he is very impressed with them and now has them installed in one of his listening rooms.

David Pritchard
knghfi:

I just looked at High End Electronics site and they are showing the special  package of the Acoustic Panels with the Dots.

I look forward to your impressions. 

David Pritchard