Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Despite the likely hypocrisy of my post, I’d just like to remind everyone, please do not feed the trolls. As you all are aware, some post primarily to derogate others and responding to them only amplifies the situation.

Thanks to the 99% for a good, informative thread with quality input from both sides of the fuse debate.

- Chris
^^^ Personally, I believe that very few harsh words were posted in t his thread.  Here's what I think ... Because we use a keyboard to "talk," and because we can't see each other through the computer monitor, we cannot see facial expressions or hand gestures. In other words, we cannot always decipher the true intent of the person we are responding to.  So much of what I read in this thread I see a humor being the intent. Some folks, myself included, tend to have a dry, sarcastic sense of humor ... and at times, especially if you can't see a smile on the other side of the screen, we take the comments as a put-down or even verbal abuse. That's why I try to included one of these  :-)  when I'm joking.   Personally, guys like "mapman" and "wolf-garcia" crack me up with some of their posts. 

Happy listening .. .and happy fuses, guys.  :-)
Davidpritchard,

Im also looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the new ac outlets.. I use the gtx d rhodium, with the matching plates, and covers. I’ve also used silver wattgates, and the teslaplex’ which reside in my power conditioner. The gtx d r are the ones to beat. Wonder what you’ll find after 400 hours with these new offerings.
Post removed 
Bass is back, sounding nicer, sound presentation is not as loose so to speak.  They just need to relax a bit more but getting better.  I cannot believe how long this is taking.