Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
tzh21y
650 posts
05-06-2016 4:43pm
I just listed to it both ways and settled on the current direction.

That’s very good to hear. But, my good fellow, what direction is that? I thought better of making a joke about the "current direction." When you say you "listed to it both ways" is that some sort of Freudian slip related to UL listed fuses?
tzh21y:
Congratulations on getting the fuse direction optimized and in enduring the break in period. I have the Synergistic Research Black fuse orientated just the same as yours. I really like the sound from this model  Marantz SACD player with a least one Black fuse in place.

The Synergistic Research Black A/C wall outlet has arrived and I installed it today at noon. It replaces the Furutech GTX-R. I believe I am hearing the strong attributes of both a Furutech outlet and a Synergistic Research Teslaplex outlet. The enhanced signal conduction of the SR outlet combined with a deeper soundstage and mico detail of the Furutech outlet.

I certainly will know a lot more in one to two weeks. If you still have an ordinary household plug I do hope you will upgrade it to one of the several excellent audio grade plugs.

Instead of making the mistake of buying a new power tool for a Mother's Day present, I did actually buy my Mother a Synergistic Research Black A/C wall outlet. Of course it comes with free installation by me ! I know she will appreciate Chet's guitar playing streaming to her Terasonic speakers even more the more.

David Pritchard
Lol.  I never thought of that.  I actually meant the direction that it is currently in. Which I believe r on the side of the transformer and the s on the side of the power cord.
Davidpritchard wrote,

"I have the Synergistic Research Black fuse orientated just the same as yours."

That’s the whole issue (with SR fuse directionality) in a nutshell. According to the post by the Synergistic Research guy that I quoted earlier, the letters on the SR fuse are simply to be used as a guide for remembering which direction the fuse was in just before you reverse it when auditioning the fuse for directionality. In other words, the letters on the SR fuse do NOT indicate the correct direction in and of themselves. At least that’s the way I interpret what the SR guy said. Ergo, it’s only a coincidence that your fuse is oriented just the same as his. To state this another way, SR doesn’t mark their fuses for directionality as does Isoclean and HiFi Tuning. If SR fuses were marked for directionality why would you have to try it both ways? The only reason I can think of is it's in case they marked it wrong.