Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
The SR Black fuses are definitely directional. A friend and I switched the three fuses in the H-Cat X-10 MkIII amp from writing into the amp to all out. The sound was harsh and with no stereo imaging. My friend decided that the two top fuses were dc circuit fuses and that one needed to be the opposite of the other fuse. With the other fuses with writing going into the amp, we made the left one to out. This was much better, but ultimately we made the lower ac fuse go out also. I am not certain of this right now, however.

Don't experiment with fuse direction at your loss. 
Charles 1 dad:
I do hope you find a way to get to the Newport Beach Show. It is well worth the money and effort. Oregonpapa is absolutely correct. The Synergistic Research room was spectacular. The team of Synergistic Research and Scott Walker really know how to make a giant room sound other worldly good.

Many good sounds this year- High End Electronics with Voxativ speakers, Acoustic Zen, High Water Sound with Cassaro Horns, Tonian speakers, Blue Light Audio showing the BIG Evolution speakers. I spent most of my time in the Synergistic, High Water Sound, and the Blue Light Audio Rooms just listening to great music

tbg:
Yep- the Synergistic Research fuse sounds better in one direction ( After installing the Black fuse now in 21 locations for three systems).

David Pritchard
I recently added two more Black fuses into my system. Now every component of mine that can has an SR fuse. They are all Black fuses, except my Modwright power supply, which has a Red fuse.The UPS guy delivered a package to me today while I had music playing. When he arrived he said, "Wow, I thought that was live!" That was the best compliment for my system that I have ever received.
I just received my SR Black Fuse to be placed in my EE Minimax Plus DAC. I realised that the previous owner of the dac had changed the fuse to a Bussman Ceramic Fuse and wasn't running with the stock fuse as I had initially thought. Anyway, immediate impressions are positive. Music sounds more refined and detailed. A smoother presentation compared to the bussman and the music just sounds more coherent. Now for the burn-in i've been hearing/reading so much about. Do I have to have music playing during the burn-in or will it continue burn in so long as the dac is turned on?