Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Post removed 
Jond, 
Good comments, discussing the music and artists is what I've enjoyed most about this thread.  Jond, Barney Kessel  "Plays For Lovers "  is an excellent compilation of his small combo group recordings 1950s -1970s.  Corny title but a really fine recording.  Barney cannplay!!!
Charles 
^^^   As we all know, this thread has expanded way beyond just "fuses." I'm glad it has ... and I hope it continues. As a result, I've made some new friends and improved my sound system immeasurably.  

Comparing my system from where it was when this thread started to where it is today is night and day. I would have never believed that such realism could be attained without changing or upgrading even one piece of electronics. Some of you are partially responsible for this with all of your hints/comments about past experiences and developments both old and new that YOU have discovered that helped you achieve better sound in your own systems. I'm totally grateful. 

I'm looking at this thread now as a watering hole where like-minded people can meet up to compare and discuss tweaks, music and just about anything else ... except politics and religion. 

One of the best experiences so far has been in exposing others to great jazz and opening the discussion up to what has been lost or hidden to most people in our society. In the commercial music world sales of jazz music is very low on the totem pole. Classical sales are even in worse shape. In some small way, I feel that exposing someone to the music of the past will start to turn things around. Its just too good to die off. 

We've had good discussions regarding recording quality too. I know there's plenty of old timers posting here who are acutely aware of the degradation the recording process has taken over the years, but there are plenty of newbies "lurking" around this thread as well who never post. They just read. (This is especially true since Ted Denny put this thread on the SR Facebook page. We're international ... !!)  I'm hoping they become deeper, more critical listeners, and start demanding better recordings from the commercial recording companies. Red Book CD's can sound really great, giving even the best analog rig a run for its money (something I wouldn't  have believed two years ago) if the recording process is done right. If we demand it, they will bring it forth. As for me, I've stopped buying poorly recorded music. I hope you will too. 

Frank
Awesome Charles "Plays for Lovers" is queued up and as always Frank well said!
This thread is not just about fuses. it's about it's about....life. 

😄