Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
I am interested in DI. Is any owner living in Chapel Hill/Durham/Raleigh area who can allow a demo?

As I listen tonight, I still have the Modwright Oppo going direct to the Benchmark AHB2 and can it be getting better? The sound now has bumped up a notch. Maybe these speakers continue to improve over the first few hundred hours but they sound unbelievable tonight. For those of you who are SS fans, I can highly recommend the AHB2 to take full command of the drivers in the DI's. I will eventually go back to the LTA amps for further comparison. I have no doubt about the ability of these speakers to out perform the 20K competition.

Lance
Lance,

Very nice to read of the great sound you are hearing from your system,I would like to know how the sound your getting would differ if you put your MZ2S back in with the AHB2.

Kenny.

Speaking of the AHB2...

I went to the Raven Audio shop today, courtesy of Dave Thomson, the owner.

Raven is in Onalaska, Texas, about 80 miles north of Houston, where it was a trip well made.

Meeting Dave was a fantastic experience, as we waxed on about the intricacies of sound reproduction, SS vs. tubes, and of course the Double Impacts, as well as the Legacy Audio speakers he carries. Dave was even gracious enough to allow me to bring my Benchmark AHB2 amp to compare with his own amps.

The DIs that Dave has are not the upgraded model, and he maybe has 50-60 hours on them, still, they sounded rather good, yet I don't think sitting only 6ft away from speakers is for me. I think I have my own sweet spot where the sound pressure is pretty mild, even cranked to some hefty levels (don't we all?) Nevertheless, his DIs served as a fantastic conduit to compare the AHB2 along side his Osprey and Blackhawk amps.

To tell the truth, the AHB2 didn't give an inch of ground in its grip on the drivers, neither did it sound colored, nor did it have any peaks nor valleys. It performed great. Then again, the Osprey and the Blackhawks didn't have the aforementioned traits, either, that would get in the way of the music. Indeed, the amps sounded very much alike, which is a testament to Raven Audio tube amps in that there isn't a single hint of flubbyness, bloat or syrup from his tube gear. Dave's amps did, however, impart a sense of ease: a nebulous sparkle to the music, yet with no coloration, and they were as quick as can be. When I'm talking fast, I'm talking very fast!

I came close to opening my wallet.

Then came the Legacy speakers. Well, really only one floated my boat, the Focus SE, but I believe it would be too much for my 13x12x8 room. The DIs, on the other hand, required no room treatment. Indeed, they were situated only 10" from the front wall, with the side walls being unequal, in pretty much an open space. So, hey, the DIs held their own. They are certainly easy to place.

So, yeah, I might just open my wallet yet at a Raven Audio piece. Good stuff!

As for the DIs? Right now I'm weighing my options since there is no shortage of time. I'm studying and still getting the lay of the land, leaning heavy toward Tekton, even the full blown DIs for my small room, because they're so easy to place and dial in.