Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
I am curious if you feel your power is overkill? Is the extra power a positive thing with the DI speaker? What are you using for a preamp and source? Thanks.  
Hello grey9hound, 
This is an ongoing active thread and as a result new friendships and connections have evolved. As Bill  (Grannyring) astutely pointed out conversations do develop and are openly discussed.  I've been an active participant on this thread even though I have no experience with Tekton products.  

I found this thread to be both interesting and friendly and appreciate the insight and experiences of the "many" posters. As would be expected with such a large and active thread other topics do arise,  for example power amplifier comments. You have to drive the speakers with something 😊

I accepted a friendly offer to hear the Double Impacts in Tom's home and I simply wanted to share that enjoyable experience.  It subsequently generated further comments and discussion. 

Isn't that what you were seeking? It's hard to predict what people may or may not respond to.  This is the nature of open forums, spontaneous interactions and exchanges. In my case there's been much discussion here about SET amplifiers with the Double Impacts.  Some here were interested in the match of my 300b amplifier and Tom's speakers.  Nothing more than that. 
Charles 
As far as power goes, it's interesting that my 30 WPC Class A SS amp, the Pioneer M-22, seems to drive my DI's just as well as my 200 WPC Class AB SS amp, the Schiit Vidar.

Even though the Vidar has a 3.2dB more gain and 170 WPC more, the volume control is like 30 minutes to the right. In other words, if the volume is set to 12:00 with the Vidar, it is at 12:30 with the M-22 to get the same sound pressure level.

I wouldn't say that 200 WPC is overkill....after all, the speakers are designed for up to 400 watts. But it sure seems like 30 WPC of Class A power is enough! 
porscheracer,

It doesn't surprise me that you are finding out that 30 Wpc of vintage pure class a pwr not only sounds great but is enough for the volume levels you listen to.

I've used amps with pwr ratings from the 1.4 watts from the MZ2S to 700 watts from the ps audio mono's and every where as practicable in between.

Currently doing quite well overall with 3.5 watts 2a3 Set with the exception of full orchestra recordings that generally have no or very little compression and I'm slightly cheating with some classic rock recordings were I require stout and deep bass with good slam by using my subs,but those 2 genres of music make up a small % of the music I generally listen too.

When I get my new design 2a3 amp built that will have 8-10 watts and easily 3db more headroom it will be a interesting comparison for me.

Happy Listening,

Kenny.
@charles1dad 
Understood .It was not directed a you or any one in particular
I agree that this thread has been very informative . Don't get me wrong  .