Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
charles1dad "the Line Magnetic 216ia isn't a SET amplifier. It's a class AB push pull with KT 88 output tubes".

I stand corrected. It is hard to believe the sensitivity of such large speakers can be driven with low tube watts..... not sure what Moab cost would be, but I max out at $4k. Thanks for all the recommendations...
@2psyop If your budget is maxed out at 4K, then go with the DI-SEs. Your Line Magnetic 216ia, as Charles pointed out, will be a great amp pairing for the DI-SEs.

Folks, correct me if I am wrong on this: I believe that Eric tried to establish a dealer program but it never took or he pulled back from it. The good news is that the pricing dropped due to the dealer margin being eliminated from the models that were initially offered via the dealer program.
It is hard to believe the sensitivity of such large speakers can be driven with low tube watts

@2psyop   I drove my SEs with a 2A3 amp and my music choices range far wider than yours. Your LM amp will cruise. : )

2psyop,

I have a friend who had the double Impacts and then got the SEs (Same sensitivity and speaker load impedance). I drove his speakers with my 8 watt 300b SET Coincident Frankenstein mono blocks with ease. He has a moderate size room and the music filled the space with beautiful sound.

You 30 (Roughly) watt KT 88 will be as David says a very fine match. These speakers are not difficult to drive at all. What’s far more relevant is the ’quality’ of the amplifier driving these speakers. You have a good quality amplifier. I don’t anticipate any problems for you given my experience with the DIs.

Charles

@david_ten I agree, I had been driving my Encores with 60wpc Allnic A6000 Quad Parallel 300bxls SET Monoblocks, but I found out I am also able run my amps with just one 300bxls tube each which produces just 15wpc per monoblock. This is plenty of power for high sound pressure levels in my new larger listening room even though the Encores are only 96db into 4ohms. Originally, I did this to cut down on the heat generation and the AC running so often during the summer months which is a bit noisier upstairs, but I love the sound so much I'm going to run it like this all year round.  I did purchase some zeroimpedance.com Autoformers to quadruple the Encore's 4ohm load to match the 16ohm output impedance of my Allnics when running with one only output tube and I must say this was a match made in heaven.  I get no compression or softclipping whatsoever on even the deepest bass or biggest of musical pieces at any volume level.  The whole room is now fully treated with ATS absorbers and diffusors now and it sounds so incredible now.  Sorry for rambling. I don't post much anymore on here and usually post more on the Tekton Worldwide Owner's Group on Facebook now.  Great place to hang out with fellow Tektonians!