TEKTON IMPACT MONITORS

I ove this speakers , on my set up they sound really very dynamic and easy to listen. Is there anyway to replace their tweeters to improve them? I do love the design of the impact.Thanks
128x128jayctoy
jayctoy
The way it was explained to me is that any amp can be pushed to clip, or into distortion. No matter how powerful the amp, or the capacity the speakers. Many variables to the music, current coming from the amps and a drivers resistance interact. My boss once demonstrated to me. Using an unboxed driver with an oscilloscope in the mix he showed me how when you push an amp to clip or distort the normally smooth up and down wave of whatever frequency is coming through turns to square wave. Essentially the voice coil goes from a up and down piston movement to a side to side or round and round. in turn the voice coil of the driver begins hitting the sides of the magnet structure and will short and sever the VC. He made a good living repairing drivers of all kinds, Foam surrounds that rotted, ripped cones, blown voice coils etc... Massive pro drivers from EV, Renkis Heins, JBL etc.. As well as for home audio. 
For me, and again this is for me, (as I don't care to get any scalding from folks), i live by nothing above 12 o:clock on my volume.
For what its worth.
Cheers
It wasn't till it was obvious it was going very bad for the owner of this company that site moderators jumped in and deleted the entire post.

For sure.  In a panic the Bat Signal was activated, nukes were deployed, and the thread was vaporized.  Mission accomplished?

https://i.postimg.cc/vZTWrBSt/Batsignal.jpg

To be honest, a lot of negativity around Tekton has little to do with the product itself. A lot of members here are just frustrated with Tekton being shoved down their throats by a couple of posters ALL the time, day in and day out. It was one thing if it was done tactfully, but more often than not the shills have a very condescending tone. I think the owner would do well to talk to the shills and ask them to calm down, instead of threatening members with legal action. This just makes a bad situation worse.

Also, maybe cool down the ’better than $30K’ rhetoric? Everyone knows that’s simply not true. Why tarnish your reputation by making such outlandish claims?

to the OP, if you are running with David, you have an excellent audio friend…one not prone to hyperbole, self aggrandizement and ego. He strikes me as a true sojourner on the quest for better sound.

On clipping, you might be shocked that a simple hand clap on a Nora Jones cut can clip a 150 wpc amp w 87 db speakers. Hopefully you can get your speakers up and running again soon.
Carlsbad - you seem reasonable. Are you in SoCal ? in the fall, if Delta cooperates, i plan on a small listening get together in….. Carlsbad.