Teres 340, anyone heard / seen one in the flesh

One of my last turntable upgrades might be to this beautiful beast.

What is the verdict of those that have listened to it?.

Is this a lifetime purchase. Or is there room for improvement?. (like any of us will ever end our neurotic quest for the holy audio grail)
cousinbillyl
cardiackid I've made a TT from maple. I use the VPI Aries plater and inverted bearing. What do you think the sonic benefits would be if I purchased the Teres 340 plater and bearing?
Thanks
Ted
I guess I better start saving up my pennies. A 340 with two arm boards may be the ticket.

Do we know what a 345 is yet?, there have been some talk of it on the Teres Forum, but nothing concrete.

Will this make my EMM Labs stuff obsolete?.
Yes, we know what a 345 is. I tried to post a picture of the only 345 extant on the Teres forum, but I guess i didn't go through. You can see it here:

Two-Armed Teres

It was being set up this past weekend by Chris himself.
We have been calling Cello's two arm 340 a 345 but that is
not the official name. Rather than a new model number the
official designation will be 340-2. Since a number of Teres
models are now available with two tonearms the naming
convention needed to be consistent.

-- Chris
A huge thank you to 'Cello' for sharing the opening weekend of his 345, oops, 340-2. Paul and I enjoyed five listening sessions with his amazing rig, usually in the company of 4-5 other audiophiles who were able to accept the invitation of our gracious host.

We were also pleased to have the chance to meet Chris Brady, who attended and set everything up. Sorry you couldn't make it Joe, but I adjusted my arm height many times in your honor! Kinda tough to do it on-the-fly after a few though.

Cello's 340-2, compared to my 265, offers a blacker background, more solid and stable imaging, and a notably lower noise floor. Paul and I agree that these particular differences are table related, not a function of other system differences. Pretty much as 'Cardiackid' described above. In short, the 340 is a smashingly good table. I haven't heard a Walker, Rockport, SME 30 or other reference caliber table, but if they're much better than this I'd finally be rendered speechless. (Maybe one of you should buy me one?)

We heard the following arms and cartridges, in nearly all possible combinations:
- Basis Vector (Cello's)
- Graham 2.2 (Cello's)
- Schroeder Reference (CB's)
- Shelter 901 (Cello's)
- Shelter 901 (mine, for quick A/B arm comparisons)
- Koetsu Urushi (CB's)
- Koetsu RSP (Cello's)

This isn't an arm/cartridge thread so I won't go into those differences here. Suffice it to say the the 340-2 made mounting and optimizing multiple arms about as easy as it can be, and clearly displayed the sonic character of each.

If you're interested in world class vinyl playback the Teres 340 is a must-hear, particularly considering its bargain basement price compared to the competitors. Contrary to the uninformed opinion expressed by at least one competitor, there is more to this table than just hunks of mass. Though it's invisible from the outside, CB has implemented purposefully selected materials and shapes in some intelligently chosen, non-obvious ways. His goal, shared with all top TT designers, was to reduce interfering resonances to the absolute minimum possible. To my ears he's succeeded to a remarkable degree.