The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Question re Bose 901...
Amar Bose's basic theory in his design was predicated on the basic assumption that 89% of all sound is 'reflected'.
He then designs a speaker which actually points direcly into the wall with 88.8% of it's drivers (call it 89 lol).

Doesn't that, then change his basic plan since we can safely assume that most performers aren't 'singing into the wall directly'?

"Here's Michael Bublé, singing, 'Fly Me to the Moon', of course he's facing the wall, so that all you Bose fans out there can better understand the lyrics."

'mmmfllllllllly...mnnnneeee tnnooow de moonnnnnnesh, nand,'

Wow, does anyone else wonder how such a nit wit scam such as this could possibly get legs? Moreover why's this guy a billionaire...doesn't that piss anyone off but me?

lol
Larry
Larry, when you go to a live concert, some of the sound reaches your ears directly but most of that sound is reflected off various surfaces of the hall..Right ??? The bose 901's are designed so you hear the music much the same way as you hear the music at a live concert.
If you like Bose 901 speakers, that's fine for you but many of us are far too experienced to accept such jibberish.

I was a very successful Bose salesman in the 1970s. The product was flying out the door and the jibberish was being swallowed by the bucket.

Personal circumstances interrupted my fantasy and, once I heard well-designed speakers objectively, the Bose fantasy was permanently discredited. The 901 is garbage and you sound like a shill.

I looked at the wall behind me while I was typing this in the hope that you might finally get the message. Bose has no interest in making good speakers. They just want to make speakers that sell good. Sorry Charlie!!
Macrojack, the new and improved bose 901 series 6 version 2's have come a long ways from the 901 speakers they sold back in the 70's ! We compared my new bose 901's to my friends up to date 901's from 70's and friends 901's sounded like they had a blanket over them and had a very harsh top end too ! I have never heard RECORDED MUSIC sound this DAMN GOOD before ! These new 901's get you closer to a LIVE PERFORMANCE than any other speakers I have ever heard period !!... ENJOY THE MUSIC
Really are we still itchy about the "Bose" GUYs we have come a long way, and need not stoop low.

Remember:
Do not argue with an idiot/ignorant he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience. To each his own "kingdom" enjoy the music hifisoundguy or who ever you are bravo to you and the ....