The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
It's a tie.

1) Legacy Audio Whisper - largest soundstage I have ever heard.

2) Legacy Audio Aeris - Slightly smaller soundstage than the Whisper but the bass is incredible.
I have had the BMC Arcadias now for over a year. I knew they are very good as they reveal differences in every cable, isolation device, and ac filtering I have done. Yesterday I heard a sound reproduction that I never would have believed possible. The addition of one High Fidelity Rhodium power cord raised the level of my sound way beyond anything I have ever heard anywhere. The highs were sweet and free of edge. Much of what was not music was evident and made the reproduction quite convincing of being there. The bass was well defined and deep. I realized that what I was hearing was the perspective of the microphones, not someone in the audience.

The other person in the room and I just looked at each other is disbelief. We sat a listened and listened for hours and finally called it a night as he had to go back to Dallas early this morning.
When you listen to speakers, you are really listening to the whole system, the setup, and the room. I have Vanderseen 5A's set up by Richard himself...and yet, it took 5 years or so, to get them to sound as good as they do. It is sooooo difficult to just get a component (yes a highly rated one), drop it into a system and expect it to be nirvana...oft times there are 4 or 5 steps rearward and lots of fussing to advance the performance.
Yes, I heard the new FOCAL GRANDE UTOPIA EM at the CES 2014,and that is the best speaker I ever heard. I still couldn't believe that music can sound that good.