The many musical faces of Mr. Miles Davis?

It was in the late 80's; I was in a funereal limousine, in Mr. Davis's hometown, and someone mentioned his name. An elderly lady chimed in, "I remember Miles, he was the little dark skinned kid who used to always try to blow the trumpet". There was total silence, a very long silence I might add. Since she was the most grieved in the limo, there was no point in trying to bring her up to date. Mr. Davis's name was not mentioned the rest of the day.
Miles music has many faces, which one do you prefer.
orpheus10
On "Star People" on the first half, he plays traditional St. Louis blues, very nice. Don't know if it is preferred, but was a nice variation.
Post removed 
This man was a genius. There is not one stylistic form that he covered that was not light years ahead of the pack. A man so ahead of his time that I dont think we have caught up to him yet. I dont think even now, most jazz historians or critics fully grasp his power and influence over all music, not just jazz. His influence is huge.Two Words-Bitches Brew.
I prefer the Miles of the Second Great Quintet, but the First Great Quintet was incredible too. Thanks for keeping the focus on the greatest.
I took a day to think about this and I guess the style (period) I prefer is mood dependent. That is, what mood I'm in. I agree with the comments on his genius, and influence.