The new Synergistic Research BLUE fuses ....

New SR BLUE fuse thread ...

I’ve replaced all 5 of the SR BLACK fuses in my system with the new SR BLUE fuses. Cold, out of the box, the BLUE fuses stomped the fully broken-in SR BLACKS in a big way. As good as the SR BLACK fuses were/are, especially in comparison with the SR RED fuses, SR has found another break-through in fuses.

1. Musicality ... The system is totally seamless at this point. Its as if there is no system in the room, only a wall to wall, front to back and floor to ceiling music presentation with true to life tonality from the various instruments.

2. Extension ... I’ve seemed to gain about an octave in low bass response. This has the effect of putting more meat on the bones of the instruments. Highs are very extended, breathing new life into my magic percussion recordings. Vibes, chimes, bells, and triangles positioned in the rear of the orchestra all have improved. I’ve experienced no roll-off of the highs what so ever with the new BLUE fuses. Just a more relaxed natural presentation.

3. Dynamics ... This is a huge improvement over the BLACK fuses. Piano and vibes fans ... this is fantastic.

I have a Japanese audiophile CD of Flamenco music ... the foot stomps on the stage, the hand clapping and the castanets are present like never before. Want to hear natural sounding castanets? Get the BLUE fuses.

4. Mid range ... Ha! Put on your favorite Ben Webster album ... and a pair of adult diapers. Play Chris Connor singing "All About Ronnie," its to die for.

Quick .... someone here HAS to buy this double album. Its a bargain at this price. Audiophile sound, excellent performance by the one and only Chris Connor. Yes, its mono ... but so what? Its so good you won’t miss the stereo effects. If you’re the lucky person who scores this album, please post your results here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRASONIC-CLEAN-The-Finest-Of-CHRIS-CONNOR-Bethlehem-Jazz-1975-NM-UNPLAYED-...

Overall impressions:

Where the RED fuses took about 20 hours to sound their best, and the BLACK fuses took upwards of 200 hours of total break-in, the BLUE fuses sounded really good right out of the box ... and that’s without doing anything about proper directional positioning. Not that the BLUE fuses don’t need breaking in, they do. The improvement continues through week three. Its a gradual break-in thing where each listening session is better than the last.

Everything I described above continues to break new ground in my system as the fuses continue breaking in. Quite honestly, I find it difficult to tear myself away from the system in order to get things done. Its truly been transformed into a magical music machine. With the expenditure of $150.00 and a 30 day return policy there’s really nothing to lose. In my system, its like upgrading to a better pre amp, amp, CD player or phono stage. Highly recommended.

Kudos to Ted Denney and the entire staff at SR. Amazing stuff, guys. :-)

Frank

PS: If you try the SR BLUE fuses, please post your results here. Seems the naysayers, the Debbie Downers and Negative Nellie’s have hijacked the original RED fuse thread. A pox on their houses and their Pioneer receivers.

Frank

128x128oregonpapa
Actually very ironic
On the flight back home from Orange County I was reading about the origin of the term "snake oil".
Interesting read if nothing else....
Timely tip: For anyone with Graphene contact enhancer, I still can’t bring myself to say Total Contact, whoops!, and ANY fuse, including a stock fuse, that is NOT an SR Black or Blue Fuse, paint the middle circumference of the fuse body with a thin layer of product, using care not to paint near the fuse caps, obviously, since the product is conductive. You do not have to remove the fuse, as least I don’t think you do. If you haven’t done the fuse caps, now is the time.
Well here goes
Back home today from a week working in Orange County and both my new OPPO UDP205 and SR Blue fuse were waiting for me.
Inserted said Blue into Goldnote PH-10 phono stage and left it on just to warm through a bit.

Played vinyl I am very familiar with and......

IMHO there is an increased feel of depth to the music overall, female vocals and acoustic guitars have more definition, bass just feels tighter, not deeper or louder but, well just more. Instruments seem easier to pick out of the mix, more defined overall.
Really hard to describe adequately but a definite improvement all round, and this is brand new out of the box, 1 hour play time.

Ok, set, go.........
paint the middle circumference of the fuse body with a thin layer of product, using care not to paint near the fuse caps
What will this "snake oil" do????, it can’t be an RF shield without the Graphene coating being earthed to chassis/mains ground, and to do that would be highly dangerous.
Nice to hear uberwaltz. Good on you for trusting your ears. Many people don't do that today to their detriment. When I was young and my mom called me for dinner I had to trust my ears or you know what? I had to take expectation bias in, the you know what, the rear bias tester. And I swear I could feel that in the rear bias tester, even then I knew it was just expectation bias. Anyway I have been trusting my ears all these years and my system also sounds better with the SR fuses and I just have a black one and two reds. 
Like some others I don't have and am not going to get any test equipment.  If others would like some kind of a more extensive test I hope they do that to satisfy their curiosity. My curiosity doesn't need it.  I asked myself and it said 'No just doesn't need it'. I figured out even if I did do all these tests-jack and jill, measurement ones and so on, my ears, the two I have on the side of my head for listening, would be the final testing device. Does that make sense to let you ears be the final testing device for a listening activity? Isn't the music made for your ears? If you design a piece of equipment in a sound way, can you make adjustments by ear for it to be more pleasing? Hmmm? Well I am not the sharpest tool in the box but that makes sense to me.
I really don't care what you call it, voodoo dust, fairy smoke, snake lotion, horse man... . Whatever it is is sure sounds good.