The Worst Speaker you have ever heard.

This should be thought provoking. What is the worst speaker, or the most over-rated, over-priced, over-hyped speaker you have ever heard. Have you ever had speakers that you now wished you had kept?
jec
most acoustic suspension speakers are bad. panels rule.

the worst panel speaker is better than the best cone speaker.
Funny you mentioned Watt/Puppies. I thought they were so unnaturally bright they sounded as though my dentist was drilling in my ears. Another bad and overrated speaker is the VanSchweikert. I heard many permutations of them and they all sounded BAD - meaning no good. I for one would appreciate the restraint of disrespectful uncalled for comments about OUR President.
B&Ws in general which are to me the equivalent of boys band and Britney Spears: only marketing.
The most overrated speakers in my opinion is the Wilson stuff. I never understood why so many rave about them. To me they sound dry, almost dead, unbalanced and unnatural. I've heard WP7 and 8, Sophia 1 and 2. Sophia 2 is by far the best of them to my ears but I still wouldn't call it good. Heard 'em at shows, in homes, in shops, with very good gear. Most disappointing was the WP8 at a big show, partnered with top of the line Krell Evolution stuff, Nordost Valhalla all over the place, in a somewhat acoustically treated room, playing high resolution recordings by Peter McGrath of Wilson Audio.. That was terrible! Lots of people found that impressive, I don't know.. Perhaps I'm crazy. :)

Of course there are many worse speakers, I'm just tagging along on the "most overrated.." discussion. I'm sure one could dig up some 60s junk that would be unbelievably bad. :)