Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
128x128jafant

What Gear is in your current set-up?

DAC: Ayre QB9

Pre: Pass Labs X10

Amp: Sim Audio W7

Speakers: Home made

andy2

Very nice System! A pair of Thiel loudspeakers will fit quite well. Keep me posted on your purchase decision.

Happy Listening!

@andy2  CS 3.7s tend to be bright, in my experience poweful tube amps like VAC or Jadis is what works best for them.

I have tried many different SS amps in the past few years and there was always something missing with my 3.7s.

Must have high quality upstream electronics. I've listened to Thiel CS6 at a friends w/classe mono blocks and it sounded bright. Room setup & speaker placement could have been partly to blame.

My CS2.4 Speakers sounded bright before I got BAT VK-600 @ 300w per channel.

Even recently my new PASS X150.8 amp isn't as enjoyable to hear as the Balanced Audio Technology. Something about not only the high frequency but a glorious sweet sounding full midrange. The pass is a very fine amplifier and does have its own secret sauce but with another speaker perhaps...