Thinking of Kef Blade 2 to replace Revel Salon 2

Is this just a sideways move or an upgrade?  I am leaning partly just for looks.  The Salon 2 is nice and pretty unflappable maybe a little on the ruthless revealing side.  I don't really have the ability to go hear these before I buy and really every dealer audition Ive had has left a very bad taste in my mouth for it.  I like the idea of a speaker that sounds good all around the room not just in the sweet spot as I tend to not listen as much that way. I would hope to not give up to much bass to the Salon 2 with the Blade 2.  
128x128ejlif
I listened to the KEF Blade 2's tonight. I really liked what I heard. To my ears they are neutral, very open, detailed, and completely disappeared. What are the differences between the Blade 2's and Blades?
@ricred1 . I have heard some dealers say that diff is only in the amount of bass and the room size should be the determining factor.

A reviewer that reviewed the Blade 2 and has heard the Blade 1 emailed me back that he would get the Blade 2 over the 1. He felt it was better than the 1 because it would work in more rooms, even fairly large ones.

There is an A’Gon member that has the Blade 1 in a small room and loves it. He must not play it very loud. The Blade 2 would likely be what I get because I am living in an area with smallish rooms.
Thanks for the information. My room is 20' x 26'. I really like the Blade 2s; I just don't know if I like them enough to replace my Monitor Audio PL500 IIs. When you already own a speaker it changes the equation.
Ricred1 it all depends on what you find appealing between the two speaker systems. 

The Blade does dynamics, and big image with focus very well, it is also quite extended on the top with a very natural midrange.

The Monitors are a bit more laid back in the upper treble and midrange, they do sound very large and have excellent bass. 

I have heard the Monitors and they sound a bit sleepy sounding. 

Our personal recommendation is for you to try a more visceral sounding line of electronics over the Rowland, such as the T+A or keep the Rowland and move to a more exciting speaker which compliments the warm sounding Rowland gear.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ