Those with DACs, how do you view and select your music?

I have my music collection ripped in lossless flac format. My music collection amounts to about 54,000 songs from 4,000 CDs.  Music is stored on USB hard drives.   I could pull the music from my NASs but my Oppo 105d optical drive/DAC much prefers local storage over network sources.

The Oppo shows the hard drive directory structure on my TV where I can see and select whatever I want to listen to. The Oppo feeds the preamp, which feeds power amp which feeds the speakers. I don’t need or use music server software.

I see preamps with USB ports for iPhones and the like. If I can use my Oppo remote to select and play music using a 65” screen why would I want a 3’ usb cable to iPhone?

Those with DACs, how do you view and select your music?

Is there a smarter way to do this without running software on your NAS?

timothywright
I also use a streamer with an app on a tablet and shows my music library, on a NAS, and also streams Tidal and Qobuz. It works well for me and outputting the stream to a good Dac it also sounds good.
If you like your Oppo DAC you can keep your Oppo DAC...  Of course there is always something better...
I used to use Logitech Media Server to select and play it, but Media Monkey to rip and set up the metadata.

Now I use Roon.