to buy or not to buy acurus act3 200five combo?

Stumbled across this combo at a Klipsh dealer. Was wondering if anyone had a suggestion as to whether or not to buy this combo or not. Just recently sold a Chiro C-500 and pioneer elite sp99d combo. Will I be making an improvement with the Acurus or should I continue to look for abetter combo? The price on the acurus stuff is $2650 Canadian funds still brand new in the box. Speakers I use are a custom MTM design using Vifa drivers and LPG titanium dome tweeters. Will be using the system for both music and movies. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
fazman
Contrary to some opinions, I would go for it. The A200 can sound slightly sibilant, but a couple of modifications will get rid of that. The ACT-3 bugs were sorted out as time passed. By the way, are the speakers homebrew?
I wouldn't do acurus with vifa tweeter. Acurus definitely can get bright. Vifa tweeters are terribly accurate and putting bright sounds into them will kill your ears-please note that I do have vifa's in my Coinident speakers and love them as long as the amp isn't bright.
I HAVE BEEN USING THE ACT3 IN MY HOME THEATER ROOM WITH NO PROBLEMS . I HAVE ALSO BEEN USING A A100 IN MY BEDROOM SYSTEM . AS LONG AS YOUR SPEAKERS ARENT TO BRIGHT THIS WOULD BE A GOOD SYSTEM FOR MUSIC & MOVIES .
I think this is more of a latteral move more than a major upgrade. The Acurus amps are reasonably good but tend to run a little bright. The ACT3 was problem-prone from the very beginning (I owned one of the first batch :-(. In January, I had my ACT3 upgraded to the Stage-One chips. It gave me more functionality but was a marginal step in the wrong direction in relation to performance (bass became a little more bloated).

That being said, I am sure you will find many people who love their units. I also thought it was great until I started comparing it with other stuff on the market (15 years ago I also thought Bose was good, but please don't remind me of that :-o ). Lots more choices now than there were when the ACT3 first became available.

Julian