To Plug Power Amps Direct in to Wall or Not ??

Hello .
I own a number of different power amps. PASS, THRESHOLD and MACs. I have dedicted rooms for each system. And no appliances are tied into the circuits I am using for my equipment.

BIG Questions??

Should you plug power amps directly into the wall or use some type of surge protection ?

Is it safe without protection on power amps even though they are pretty hardy and not sensitive like digital gear ?

I do notice better performance on the power amps plugged directly into the wall. But I am scared of the common surge , brown out or electric goes out may fry my amps.

Or am I being too much of a worry wart.

Thank you to all.
BOB
lawyerman
This is simple:

If you have a decent amp, you will always plug you amp directly into the Wall.

If you want it to sound better get an electrician in and get a dedicated line.

If you want it to sound even better, have the electrician run an Isolated ground, that consists of a dedicated Ground wire not connected to your water pipe, or your fuse pannel, but have it run outside to a copper rod, that is burried in the ground.

Industry experts have long been proponents of this type of setup, because of the isolation from other appliances that generate noise.

Enjoy!
My whole house surge protector is not sensitive enough to cover small "issues". Regardless of sound quality, I'm using a surge before my amp. I can get used to a miniscule amount of sound problems vs buying a new amp.

And, YES I have had lighting strike the house more than once. Last time if fried my whole niles system!
"I can get used to a miniscule amount of sound problems vs buying a new amp."
On the other hand, what better excuse could there possibly be to upgrade????? You could say: "Honey, the urge struck me like a bolt out of the blue; now I'm thundering mad and going to storm off and buy a new amp."
OK, maybe not.....
Post removed 
I would never do this but along with Perfect Sound comments.
I have read (I think it was in Bound for Sound) that along with putting a dedicated ground rod outside, you should also keep the ground around the rod wattered. Preferably with Salt Water !!!
Yikes !!!