Totem Arro Replacement

I really love my Arros but am thinking about trying something else.  What I don’t like about the Arros is the port chuffing and lack of dynamics at higher volumes.  Their imaging, tone, speed and voicing are all aspects that I really enjoy. They are fun to listen to and have an electric or alive sound to them.  They don’t just seem like sterile, dry, analytical speakers.

I’ve tried all of the port chuffing remedies (straws, foam bungs, screens,) to no avail and I don’t like the way they sound crossed over at 80hz to a sub...

Sooo, Im looking at Canton Vento 826.2, Acsend Acoustics Sierra 1, Totem Rainmaker (may have same port chuffing issue)or maybe some Monitor Audio Silver 6’s...

The Cantons are getting my attention because of the good reviews, the good sale they are on, the aesthetics, and the fact that I’d be getting brand new speakers.

I’m open to other suggestions.  My budget is around $650-$700.  I don’t want to overpower my small listening room with bass (dynaudio contour 1.3 mk2 did this horribly).  I’m pretty picky and want something that sounds really good but I may have to just hold tight until I have something like $1000-$1500 to spend...

Any advice fellow Goners?

128x128b_limo
I only recommend speaker kits if I think the OP is kit-curious, or just sound bored. :)

I mean, of course I start threads about it, and they are generally well received, but I don't mind people buying commercial. 

What I want to get out of more audiophiles building kits is to have more people around who have made stuff.  Changes your experience and agenda. You become a resource for those who only read and buy.
Well, if you can get to Lexington, KY or Long Island, NY for local pickup there are a couple pairs of Thiel CS1.6es on eBay for $500.  I had these in my system and their 3D imaging is outstanding and they’re surprisingly dynamic and were unflappable no matter how hard I pushed them.  For 500 bucks I think you’ll be absolutely thrilled with them over your Arrows.  Only downside is that Thiel is obviously out of business so parts may become an issue down the road, but at this price I think it’s well worth the risk.  Best of luck. 
@erik_squires , I think kits are a great way to get some really nice components for less than you’d pay buying new.  I’m going to build one someday soon I hope. I’d like to have a kit in addition to speakers already in my listening room so that way I can take my time with a kit.  I repaired and painted some Kef Qx5’s last summer and the paint job was a bear.  It took 2 weeks to complete all the prep, painting, sanding, etc but they turned out amazing.  Zero orange peel.  I’m a bit ocd when it comes to paint due to me detailing cars as a hobby.

@soix , Im in Colorado, so thats too far away.  I actually saw those yesterday.  Im not really familiar with the different models of Thiel but they have always caught my attention.  They come up used on my local c-list from time to time.  Thiels seem to get good reviews.  I like the fact that they are time and phase coherent!

Anyhow, I think I’m just going to hang tight until I can save up more money and buy something like ATC, Fritz, or Salk.  I’m trying to get some nice drivers and a nice finish so $1200-$1500 might be more realistic.

I’ve got great taste, just no money, LoL.

Hmmm,

How about trying a pair of Magnepan LRS speakers?
They fit your budget exactly.Sounds like you have tried a bunch of different speakers but not a panel type speaker. If anything it would be an interesting departure that you might really enjoy. They are selling like hot cakes so you wouldn’t have a hard time selling them if you decide to sell later.

Plus Magnepan gives a pretty generous (I think 60 days) to test at home, it would cost you shipping only to try them.

So lots of reasons (perhaps) against Magnepans depending your criteria but again they might surprise and satisfy you.