Tried CD player Cary 300/300 and LOVED it, now what?

I want to move up the chain. 
Hi all, I’ve this Cary CD 300/300 for 3 years now and love it to death. I enjoy its warmness, smoothness, airy and nice touch of detail. It plays nicely with almost any power cords and ICs I throw at it. 
 Please suggest which other Cary CD players or other brands would consider as better? Ayre cx7e been on my list for years...
i listen to instrumental classical jazz vocals strings and a bit of percussion
thank you all and happy listening
128x128nasaman

Showing 3 responses by rhljazz

Why buy another complete player?  Keep the Cary, purchase a digital cable, and there’s a boat load of separates dacs to chose from.  Then whatever you choose you can compare directly against the Cary with its internal dac.
Ok let’s establish a budget.  Then how about a list of the dacs that you’ve tried with the Cary as a transport.  Did you like any of them in specific areas vs the Cary?  So, it sounds like nothing you’ve tried so far has wowed you enough to abandon the Cary.  Am I correct?

How about listing your system and listening space so others have a sense of a candidate to match your system?

If you can swing 1200.00 dollars and want to push the envelope into something that is musically satisfying and will broaden your horizons, then I highly recommend the Bluesound Vault 2.  Copy all your cds to the internal hard drive.  No more fetching and loading discs. Now you have access to internet radio like my favorite Radio Paradise.  A subscription to Tidal is less than the price of one cd per month and you have access to music you never dreamed of.  Think about that.  Does that sound enticing?
I’ll stick to my recommendation of the Bluesound Vault 2.  There are no listings on AudioGon for Bluesound and they sell a lot of product.  That indicates a whole bunch of satisfied owners.