TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
LA45-

Interesting. Line Conditioners and Power Conditioners are a topic of huge debate-but if they work in your house with the power coming into your area-that is the bottom line.
I have always been curious about them.
Lkdog-

I remembered one day a moder that I used to communicate with saying that the digital front end will not sound right without a filter. This was several years ago. I am a believer now.

I don't turn on my Player without turning on the Conditioner, can't go backwards.
What kind (and brand) of conditioner are you using.

Richard
(I just own the plain ol' SA14)
Rich-

Its a very old transformer type conditioner . I would suggest looking at the PS Audio line of conditioners. They have several types, regenerator, transformer etc.

IMO any of these will do the job. In my case I had mine sitting in the closet for a long time. It was originally made to protect the computer.
Besides La45, does anyone else plug his/her TRL 14 into any power condition units? If so what brand and model is used and what are the differences? Thanks.