Truly Stunning Vinyl Album

Hey friends, I'm relatively new here, first topic post but I read Audiogon topics daily. I'm a total neophyte with a not-inexpensive mid-fi system (Rogue Cronus iii Dark amp, Michel Gyro SE TT, Maggie 3.7i speakers, and a single Perlisten D15s sub, and an Eversolo DMP A8 streamer), and a growing vinyl collection that I'm partial to over streaming (unless I'm working and can't bother to flip the record). I love classic rock, Neil Young, the Stones, and the Grateful Dead, but really I like almost all genres (not into rap or thrasher metal) and since setting up my system I routinely play jazz and classical albums, and artists I never paid much attention to but now listen to quite frequently because their albums sound great on my system (e.g. Jethro Tull, Santana). So with all of that context, what I'm interested in is any TRULY STUNNING vinyl albums you can recommend, in any genre. I'm not asking for a desert island list, or any list of your favorite albums. I have those lists too, but they're dominated by musicians/groups I love and aren't necessarily "stunning" beyond my own subjective tastes. I'm interested in hearing about the one or two albums in your collection that just blow you away for whatever reason (and please explain). I'll kick it off with the Impex reissue of chamber music by Jascha Heifetz in mono, called The Lark. If you had told me that one of the top 3 records in my collection would be a mono chamber music album, I'd have laughed you out of my house. But it just blows me away. I listen to it daily. Why does it blow me away? Mostly it's the opening piece, Heifetz and an organist playing Vitali's Chaconne. It starts off with somber organ tones that I feel in my soul thanks to the Perlisten D15s sub, and then all of a sudden Heifetz comes crashing in with his piercing violin, and it is so darn stunning and beautiful I could listen to it daily until they plant me. And I don't even have a mono cartridge!  So that's the type of album I'm looking for, in any genre. Something younwould play for anyone, and regardless of what genre they prefer, they would likely agree this album is truly stunning. Can you recommend anything like that? And in case you're interested, here's a great review of the Heifetz album: 

https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/music-reviews/jascha-heifetz-the-lark/

Thanks for any recommendations!

phillyspecial

Ricky Lee Jones ,"Under the boardwalk"  Larry ,thanks ,I never heard her version. 

The Rickie Lee Jones version is quite good musically, and the EP it is on is VERY good soundwise.  Another track, Tom Waits' "Rainbow Sleeves" can be a bit demanding for some cartridges where she comes close to overloading the microphone.  I've actually heard mis-tracking with a few cartridges playing this track.  

Well, I was very lucky with the mono version of the Elgar cello concert/Sea Pictures: the disc is spotless and looks like new. After a thorough cleaning it is silent except for the music. I can only speak to sound quality, as having only one ear I don't hear stereo even when it is available, and the quality here is wonderful. Played with a Ruby 3 converted to mono (by VAS)/SME IV, SME Model 10, Quad tube amps and ESLs. I assume this was mixed down from the stereo recording rather than a second mono recording made at the same time (it is certainly the same performance), but all the same, I'm very happy to have it.

OP jumping back in just to say THANK YOU ALL for the amazing recommendations!  I have not been disappointed yet. I've tracked down a few of the first recommendations, including the Chet Baker album (stunning, a new favorite -- thanks @yogiboy and @narrowfelllow), Du Pré's Elgar cello concerto with Dame Janet Baker (same!! Thanks @dogberry -- glad to hear the mono is amazing too), and Fantasia (Kostal conducting - thanks @pwerahera). I'm still tracking down many others and streaming as much as I can, including the many excellent recommendations by @terry9 and @larryi and more. This list will keep me busy for years and I love discovering new outstanding music. I'm also adding one recommendation as TRULY STUNNING on vinyl: NAGRA's 70th Anniversary Collection album.  All tracks cut from original analog Masters at 45 rpm, and includes a wonderful mix spanning several decades, e.g. Bill Evans, Very Early (1968); Louis Armstrong, C'est si bon (1961), Marlene Verplanck, Deep in a Dream (1955), Buddy Tate, Stardust (1975), and other tracks through 2020. It's not cheap, but it is truly stunning. Thanks again and keep the recommendations coming!

I think it is terrific that you have snagged some of the recommendations.  I have both the Chet Baker and the Du Pre/Baker albums and they are great both musically and sonically.  I wish I had your Nagra album; I heard it and it is a great compilation to own.  I have the Thorens 125th Anniversary box set and it is quite good too.