Tubes Through Solid State

I've always had solid state or tubes; never mixed the two.
If I get a tubed front end and run it through a solid state power amp do I lose the tube timbre and depth? In other words are the tubes wasted or does it survive and get passed along? I am thinking BAT tubes for the front and I hae Pass Labs amps.
Thanks
sm2727
I liked tubes for the pre-amp, especially with edgy 16 Bit digital. I find no use for them with analog. I replaced my old Cary SLP-94 tubed with NOS Telefunken's with a vintage Mark Levninson 380S Solid State pre. It kills the tube pre-amp I had, has a remote and is much quieter than tube counterparts, not to mention better bass grip and no care and feeding maintenence.
Czbbcl, I didn't say it can't sound good. Not sure why a different opinion threatens your own. I've done the tube/ss mix. IME people do this because it is the equipment they have, the speakers they are using are inefficient so they need the control of a SS amp, and so on. To my listening preferences, either all SS or all tubes sounds better than mixing.
BAT's tube preamps sound more like solid state than tube. If you are looking for tube bloom, you might not like them. Make sure you audition them before making commitment.
Dan ed I just didn't understand your comment about a temporary fix for another problem. Not trying to be threatening nor am I threatened by anyones opinion. Sorry if you misunderstood my comment; my goodness.

I hope that this is a site where we can all share information and have friendly dialogue.

Chuck
Thank-you all for your responses. I just didn't want to pay for tubes in the front end only to find that those tube qualities I am after don't survive the the solid state translation. Thanks again.