Turntable suggestions for a shaky wooden floor

I'm using a Rega RP1 and had a significant rumble with even the softest volumes.  I used a cutting board with Sorbothane hemispheric feet and now can listen to music at a pleasant listening level.  

I'd like to step up to a nicer turntable but I've heard some are much better with rumble than others.  I would like to spend $750-1500 for the TT and cartridge.

So far I'm thinking of getting a Technics SL-1200MK7.  Any suggestions on something better or more stable?

Thanks for your time

Stan 

brighamdoc

I have a listening room suspended over a two car garage and had quite a time getting vibrations under control. What I did was this:

1. Very heavy Timber Nation 4 Shelf Maple rack with spikes at every shelf support...

2. Iso-Pucks under all equipment.

3. 9 large 4" thick bass traps..two corner and 7 wall

The isolation table suggested above is a good suggestion. I would not buy a new turntable and cartridge unless you were going to spend a good bit more...and my suggestions above would cost many times what you want to spend on a turntable..so isolation table and Iso-Pucks where needed are the way to go, or relocate your listening space.  Also, people use wall mounted turntables to overcome this sort of issue.

I hate to mention this, but for the best "bang for the buck" used digital is probably the way to go. I say this because I had to spend four times the amount on my analog gear to get it to sound better than my digital equipment.