TV between speakers: Curved Screen TV, help? Hurt?

For those of us that must have our TV between the speakers, I am wondering I'd the new curved screen TV's would offer benefit to reflections. Anyone that has done this, I would be curious to hear your experience. Or anyone with acoustics experience, would you be willing to share your thoughts and theory's? Although I am not attracted to the curved screen for viewing, it seems they offer the better picture.
Thanks in advance.
128x128theo
I had my tv mounted on the wall really sturdy, and had acoustic panels to the sides. I always pull my speakers out far from the walls. Having it set up like this wasn't bad but no tv is the best.

If you are doing a tv then mount it on the wall and figure out a way to block it with a few acoustic panels.

I take my tv in and out of my rig but everytime I put it back in I wonder why... I'd rather be listening to music on my stereo than watching some crap movie.
I don't think that having a curved screen would help. I've gone so far as to drape a nice army surplus wool blanket over my plasma flatscreen and it really works. The trouble is I'm lazy and stopped using it and just gotten used to it.

Positioning the speakers so that the drivers are out in front of anything between them would help matters as well.

All the best,
Nonoise
I must add that my situation is not ideal to wall mounting the TV. I have a room that really limits placement of all involved equipment. I do love my music and also enjoy TV viewing as well. So, I am trying to maximize speaker performance given the parameters of my confines. I can appreciate a dedicated room, just can't afford one. Thank you for your suggestions so far.
Mapman, I agree that the curved screen isn't my first choice. But so far in my research the TV that I like best (budget worthy) is the X900B, but hate the side speakers. So I am looking at Samsung as an option, but again the curved screen seems a little distracting and somewhat "gimmicky" to me.
Although they produce a great picture. At the end of the day if Panasonic still offered plasma, I would live with 1080p and forget 4K. But I think it takes 4K LCD to compete with plasma, except blacks.
Samsung also offers traditional flat screen TVs as well as the curved ones. They usually go for less. My situation is similar to yours as I have to have it all in the same room. Like I said, try to keep the drivers of the speakers out if front of everything and you should be okay.

All the best,
Nonoise