Tweaks

When did we go from "it can't hurt" to "produces a HUGE improvement in the sound" when talking about tweaks? Was it the "Lead Balloon" that did it with turntables or the "Arcici" stands with the Quad electrostats, oh so many years ago? Was it "Tube Traps"? Was it magic bricks to put on top of power amps? Now days audiophiles seem to argue over the type of loop in the carpet of the listening room and its effect on sound. Anything that is exagerated becomes insignificant. Have audiophiles gone wrong somewhere? Why not admit there is no difference in the sound, you just want to be on the safe side?
pbb
I don't know about all of this stuff. I can say that i am getting SO "pissed" about this "wire is wire" crap that i'm about ready to hook up my scope and start taking measurements / comparing waveforms for myself. Some of the differences that i've heard just HAVE to be measureable. I know that at least one speaker cable that i ran sucked the bass out of my system so hard that it was incredible. That one should be easy to document with an spl meter and a tone generator. Maybe i'll buy another set just to prove to myself ( and maybe a few others ) that i'm NOT nuts.... Sean
>
i'm with you, sean. since i don't have the knowledge to measure, tho, i'm left with parody. -kelly
Sean, can you test Kelly's lawn while you're at it. Seriously, though, your idea life easier for many of us -- and maybe provide some guidelines as to wire-system synergy...
Cheers
Kelly: I usually strew the floor with freshly baked brioche. Your method seems to be much more practical, but does it sound as good?. I rate the brioche as a firm "7" (within its 24 hour life cycle). Afterwards the sound tends to get a bit stale though and then its time to make french toast.
Kelly, I hat to throw out the grass tweak. My back hurt too much from weeding and the noise the lawnmower made got the lady in residence so mad, she threatened to water the speakers. But yes, the bloom was incredible, but only until my dog found out.....
Cheers from Greenfinger