Ultimate challenge biggest bang speaker

World class speakers cost lots of money I have discovered what I want my system to sound like, but I want to have money left over for better electronics. Anyone know afffordable speakers (up to $3,000 maybe $4,000) that will bring out all the detail, air, sound stage and life-like sound that I sensed when listening to kharmas or jm lab utopia divas or piega c8ltd. or dynaudio c4. All excellent speakers but surely sometimes a bargain can be found that gives you alot for the money. thanks.
pedrillo
Tom (Twl) notes:
...(They) don't have a spec for "natural tone" or "open, transparent sound", or "that musically right sound"
Hmmm. Maybe. BUT don't tell tale indications abound? Take yr spkrs for example:

The Lowthers' spec ~21000 Gauss magnetic field coupled to, what?, 7-8gms altogether of moving mass???
Good indication to expect "open transparent" sound i.e. we can expect each driver to deal with cases where instantaneous cone motion is needed AND where lots of energy is needed (as in the upper register -- transparency).

Of course, the single driver by definition has no cross-over within its operating range. So, no filter related phase anomalies, and no filter related energy guzzling; good indication to expect "musically right sound"...

What about dynamics??? I bet you haven't found many spkrs to match yrs in that field, either.

I'm just proposing that certain things can at least be assumed by looking at certain specs:)! Cheers
I own Tyler Taylo Reference III's with outboard crossovers.
They replaced Thiel 3.6's. I will never look back. I was fortunate enough to try a friend's set in my home using my equipment. It was an easy decision to upgrade. I had a pleasant experience dealing and meeting with Ty. Ty assures customer satisfaction.
Axiom speakers (from Canada) are a big bang for buck speaker. You will need a highly skilled ear to tell the difference between these and more expensive B&Ws. Order direct only.
Single drivers systems, lord have mercy on us all, that we have had to revert to the 1920's for our amplification and our speaker design. I'm beginning to think "musical" is becoming an excuse for "restricted". If it doesn't measure right or is crippled or severely limited, it becomes "musical".

Lowthers can't play Megadeth and Beethoven Symphonies so simple speakers can play simple music. Anyone disagree?

Active speakers the real modern answer to the problem eliminate all the problems, no energy storing crossover, phase corrected, excellent power handling,newer ones have room correction and I have to tell you that The Blue Sky System One package is downright impressive from 20-20 at nearly +/- 2 dB and they have an excellent impulse response. No amplifier or preamp needed.
$1895 that's the reason I'm a dealer....oh yeah they sound really good too :)

So spend the extra cash on a super CD player,