UPGRADE PATH FROM CHORD QUTEST DAC

Seeking to purchase a new DAC from my current Chord Qutest which has a S Booster Power Supply.  I prefer to work with a dealer and am looking for a DAC that can be serviced in the United States. Thus far, I have been recommended by a dealer to go with the Weiss 204. I believe that to maximize the Weiss Dac I must purchase a linear power supply to replace the switching power supply that comes with the DAC. The Modwright upgrade for the Weiss 204 has been suggested at a cost of $1000.00  and has received really good reviews. The total cost for the Weiss 204 with Linear Powwer supply would be $4500.00. Any other suggestions would be appreciated to aid me in my search. Don't wish to exceed $5000.00 and not looking to purchase used.   Thanks in advance. 

128x128kjl1065

Find a used Chord Dave, you shuold be able to get one in your budget or very close to it, then you will never need another DAC upgrade. I sold mine a few months back for $6500 canadian under your $5000usd budget. Thats a world class DAC ($15000usd retail) for a fraction of the cost new and you wont be disapionted. Chord is not replaceing the Dave this year/next year acording to my dealer so its still current. 

Now that i have moved i'll be saving up for another one. 

@boulder_bob   Gustard has a newish model, the X30.  Looks really interesting.  It's $3k, but seems like a lot of bang for the buck. There are rumors of a R30 which would be an upgrade to the R26 r2r dac.  Not sure when it might be out.  

I have a R26 with U18 ddc and LHY ock-2 clock.  I'll probably ride with that for the unforeseeable future. 

@kjl1065, after I had become infatuated with the sound of my Chord Qutest, the logical next step up for me was to acquire a TT2, which I got at a fantastic price by trading the almost new Qutest for a floor model TT2. Shortly thereafter the motherboard on the TT2 had to be replaced, and luckily it was serviced in Texas and returned to Minnesota in a little over a week. So no problems with overseas repairs. 
If I was starting all over again I might have jumped directly into a gently used Chord Dave. A cursory search on eBay produced two used Dave DACs going for around $6,700 USD. I’m still really happy with my TT2 and Hugo m scaler combo to the point that I haven’t thought about changing audio gear in over three years. I use 15-16v Sbooster linear power supplies with both units.