UPGRADE PATH FROM CHORD QUTEST

My system currently consists of the following:  

1. Martin Logan 11A impression hybrid electrostatic speakers. 

2. Bryston 4B3 cubed power amplifier

3. Rogue Audio RP-1 preamp

4. Lumin U2 mini transport streamer

5. Chord Qutest Dac

Happy with the sound, but on many tracks on Qoboz the sound especially on rock leaves a lot to be desired. This could be the function of the source itself (the recording) is poor. Would a better DAC yield more detail and better sound? My price limit is about $5000.00.  Not looking to buy used. Wish to work with a dealer because I have found them to be incredibly helpful. Also looking for a company that provides phone customer support. There is nothing like a conversation or a discussion to solve an issue. I understand that my view is a minority view out there. As we are in a self-service world.  But I am used to a person picking up the phone and asking how can I help you?  Any thoughts would be sincerely appreciated.  Thank you. 

128x128kjl1065

To add to my post (no longer editable), while not all of my Qobuz streaming sources sound wonderful, Diana Kroll always does, as do many others (virtually anything 24/192). Very happy.
BTW, the Chord Hugo Master Scaler sounds intriguing. That plus tubes could be your solution & within your budget. But start with tubes IMHO.

When I bought my NOS tubes, I thought I would sell my stock JJ tubes on eBay. They are going for $25 a pair… not worth the effort & demonstrates what people think of them. Food for thought.

Oh the problem is Diana krall. It’s the main problem for most audiophiles and all audio shows. Just stop listening to her and you’ll be fine. 

Even if you decide to try a different dac,I agree that that the stock tubes in the RP1 are known for a clean modern sound and will continue to hold you back from the presentation you're looking for.I like RCA Cleartops in mine, a touch of tube warmth with a more organic sound.Think about trying different tubes before changing equipment.

I have not owned a Chord DAC, but from what I have heard, they are pretty detailed. It may be that you don’t like the sound of tubes on the front end. Trying out some SS preamps might be the ticket. The BP-19 is certainly a good candidate. 

When I asked Rogue for their recommend tube upgrade, the RCA clear tops were on their list.
Another data point, I brought my RP-1 based upon another Audiogon recommendation. He stated: “So after switching out the two stock J&J tubes that the RP-1 comes with (to Mullards) I was completely sold on the RP-1 and it is a keeper.”

Just out of curiosity, what is your reluctance to change out your tubes? I guarantee you will significantly improve your sound for a (relatively) small investment.