used when promised new

I ordered .5m pair of Cardas Golden Reference interconnects from an Audiogoner We negotiated through email and came up with the price of $375 NEW. Well, I got the cables, timely, but they are not new. They are in absolutely fabulous condition, but they are definitely not new. They were also packaged poorly with no Cardas literature. No nothing. I emailed my disappointment, and have not gotton a response yet. This is going to be my first time giving a negative response on "feedback." Isn't this appropriate, even if amends are made. Am I being fair? Is there, really, any reason to hear an explanation? Even if he makes good $$wise, he still lied to me. I would appreciate feedback from you guys.
thanks in advance,
warren
128x128warrenh
To Itsalldark, I understand your point, but it's a cable. What I really had an issue with is zero tolerance. I'm no believer in absolutes, people deserve to occasionally make mistakes, that's all. BTW you can check my feedback if you like.
I withdraw my very first post. The item clearly stated "like New". No where in the ad does it say the item is "New in Box or Package." I do believe negative feedback was very unfairly left. Especially considering your explanation of their good condition.
What was the discount of the sale price vs. retail?kkk

Between this and some of the recent disputes being listed, I'm glad I've been happy with my system lately and not buying or selling. Geez, people are sensitive right now! If you buy on Audiogon, you have to do your homework. Nobody should out and out lie, and maybe that's what happened here. But given the liberal use of "new" as an adjective, I'd never buy something here under the impression that it was new without asking, "Is it still in the original packaging and has it never been removed from that packaging?" If somebody answers yes to both those questions and then you get unpackaged, incomplete "perfect condition" product, you've been out and out lied to.

Maybe I'm too lenient, but you don't need to hand out a negative feedback in this case to protect me, as a fellow Audiogoner. I've had lots worse things happen to me than getting something in perfect condition.
sometimes i go to cheap stores such Marshall's or Daffy's and wonder if the clothes they sell are new...
To Jond, it's not about you--it's about a member who should know all about the grading scale, and chose to ignore it for personal gain and whats worse to deceive a fellow member! I think we all know the difference between new and almost new. The ad should have been worded to state the truth---like new would have been much better. I know I am very careful whenever I list anything and always error to the conservative side just to be sure. When I sell something I want that person to be really happy about the purchase and I would expect the same in return. Now this is really my last word on the subject, have a great holiday and good listening to all !!