VPI Aries 2 platter is creating hum

My new Aries 2 platter is creating hum. Thought it was a grounding issue to begin with. But, when all efforts failed to eliminate it, I re-installed my original platter once again. Dead quiet. Has anyone else experienced this? Curious as to the cause of this problem.
byfo
Just call Harry Weisfeld at VPI. The office is open Tuesday thru Thursday 9 to 5. I had a problem a while back, called Harry and he talked me through it. Problem solved.
Thanks for the responses so far. Have e-mailed VPI. Jeff_jones, will play with the aluminum foil. May I ask what differences you heard with the upgraded platter? For the short time the new platter was on, it appeared to produce clearer detail but wasn't as smooth and musical. Probably something that can be resolved by adjustments.
The original platter is a mixture of stainless, acrylic, cork and lead.

I trust that the new acrylic platter and bearing are better sonically, but think that the white-ish acrylic destroys the look of the table (the new platter looks like the afterthought that it is).
Byfo - Haven't got your email yet. But anyway the answer is that I bought & installed the platter, ring clamp, and a new cartridge all at the same time. Ended up with a better sound but I can't estimate the effect of individual components.
I don't know what would cause hum under those circumstances. Please update if you solve the problem--inquiring minds, etc.

Brent