Wadia 581SE versus Esoteric UX-3Pi

CD sound comparison?
psacanli
Do not want to buy thanks. Interesting that you are keeping the Esoteric as it seems to me you can afford to buy what you want.
A: I cannot afford to buy whatever I want - though I sure wish I could.

B: I really like the Esoteric (others above commented that it is plain vs. the Wadia). Perhaps it is my active system (Krell amp/Wilson/Jeff Rowland pre) that does not produce the "dull" or "plain" performance with the Esoteric. Additionally, I don't believe there is better build quality and longevity than with the Esoteric brand!

The DCS (just an older Delius, not even the firewire version - aka 1394) is terrific and I am just using a computer to a Slim Devices Duet to run it. The only thing that would make it better would be a 6 channel analog output! Then I would run my Esoteric into for both clock and the DSD out via digital into an upgrade for the 1394 to get full 5.1 channel SACD.

Again, I think the Esoteric V. Wadia comparison on comparable priced models is going to be a matter of personal preference and system matching more so than one being better than the other.
I like the Esoteric for SACD playback only.
I find its rbcd reproduction too dry for my taste. Happy Listening!