Waltz for Debby-Bill Evans Trio

Seems like lately I am slidding this CD in late at night more and more. It has become one of my favorites. You can close your eyes and almost smell the smoke of a jazz club from the 50s and 60s. The waiters clanking glasses in the background is a nice touch to the mood. The music is great. I know this is a revered classic but I was wondering if there were any other recordings of similar ilk, smooth laid back jazz, that anyone might recommend. Are you out there sdcampbell?
Ag insider logo xs@2xhoopster
Thanks, folks. I picked up a few new ideas for gifties--to me! I second the Acoustic Sounds "Greatest 100 Jazz Titles" 45rpm series--I wish I had the money to buy them all. Also, the Miles Davis Prestige Years Box Set is fantastic--got that one as a gift. Two others I can think of are Sonny Stitt "Plays the Blues" which was a Classic Records Verve reissue and Charlie Rouse "Yeah" which is also, I believe, from Classic Records--this one formerly an Epic release. Enjoy!
I second the "Paul Desmond Quartet Live," also Paul Desmond's "Easy Living" (and most of his other early sixties recordings) and Jim Hall's "Concierto," featuring both Paul Desmond and Chet Baker (and Sir Roland Hanna on piano, Steve Gadd(!) on drums and Ron Carter on bass).
Try these two on for size, both are exquisite.

Keith Jarrett - The Melody at Night With You
Gene Ammons - Gentle Jug

Late night classics.
The Ground by Tord Gustavsen is an excellent piano, bass, and percussion CD. This is a Norwegian group. All origional pieces. I second the John Coltrane Ballads recommendation. Great songs, great melodies.
John Dean
moonbeams by evans was a great suggestion. it's one of my top 10 jazz lps of all time.

if you have a turntable, the classic records 45 rpm of Louis doing "st james Infirmary" is a mind-blower.