We Need A Separate Forum for Fuses

LOL, I'll bet I gotcha on that Title! ;)  BTW, I put this thread under "Tech Talk" category as it involves the system physically, not tangentially. 

More seriously, two question survey:

1. Do you think designer fuses are A) a Gift to audiophiles, or B) Snake Oil 

2. Have you ever tried them?  Yes or No

In the tradition of such questions on Agon, I'll weigh in as we go along... 
Feel free to discuss and rant all you wish, but I would like to see clear answers to the questions. :) 
douglas_schroeder
@auxinput,

Way ahead of you on that one. While I like Geoff’s take on lots of things, his humor, and point of view, he does like to provoke, prod and needle, even when people agree with him or don’t exactly line up with him while still being on the same side.

There’s been may times when I felt like asking: why the hell did you just say that? But he is what he is as I am what I am (with all due apologies to Popeye). 🤔

All the best,
Nonoise
Post removed 
I also built tube gear and the fuse is a bottleneck even in the most robust power supply. Best to avoid altogether and use a nice on/off breaker.  Next best is a nice aftermarket fuse as they do indeed improve SQ.  
Imo one of the most foolish notions in HiFi is the idea that the better the design, the less sensitive it is to changes. That's called mediocrity in my book, and if any piece of gear operated on that principle, I would consider it junk. 
Yes....fuses should have a separate forum but that forum should be on it's own server that is capable of handling numerous emails and responses. Let me agree with the few that have said that "no fuse is the best fuse". But, a fuse is protection. A fuse is like a cable. It can't add, only take away.
I've been in this "hobby" for over 40 years. Like a "gear head" with cars, audio enthusiasts strive to improve their product no matter how mediocre or outstanding it is. No harm in trying simple tweaks and sometimes they work out well. Fuses are subject to alternating current as are power cords and the like. Sorry...I'd need scientific proof.
Case in point.....we've all heard about "burn in". Sure, some components benefit from some sort of continual use. But what it really is for the listener to burn into their brain that "hey...this sounds better". OK....flood me with your digs.
A friend has over $500K invested in his system. Sure it sounds great. But, he admits that the most improvement he made is with sound treatments he made in his listening room.
So, buy those fuses and if you think they make better sound... GREAT. I'd put my money elsewhere.