What speakers are you guys driving your BAT's with

I'm curious what people here are driving their Bat's with The VK60 or the Vk75.

Can these amps drive difficult speakers ?

Other than BAT pre-amps, what pre-amps are used in your system ?

Enlighten me.

Thank you.

Noli
nolitan
Oregon,
Can you comment on BAT vs. PrimaLuna? I have BAT-75SE now, and was considering Primaluna when I was shopping.
Thanks
Hi Oregon,

With a SingleVK60, was it enough to drive the Avalons ?

How do you compare the Vk60 with the PM's.

The PMs must be pretty good for you to sell the Bats.
Maril,
The Pllunas are fine, adequate. They are great for my room. I have been listening to Frank with Count Basie, Louie, Ella, some Ravel and now Nichlas Payton, the Pls whop ass.
But the BATs had more sparkle, more there without effort. More ease. Not that the PLs are "pushing it" or straining. Perhaps it is merely psychological.
If the BATs weren't so damn hot I would have kept them. For the money the Primas are a steal. Especially used at 2k.
BTW, I have considered the 75SE, I wish I had one.

Nolitan,
I never had a SINGLE VK 60 driving the Avalons. Only the 60 monos and at 120 watts per side, they were glorious.

BTW, if anyone decides to look for a pair, try to get a later serial #, i.e. last numbers in the 400+. The number refers to the boards. You can always call BAT and speak to Viktor. He can answer questions with regards to repairs which may have been done by BAT.
I once purchased, and returned, a 60 which was severely damaged with rust on the boards. Viktor said he's seen this on amps which were used near a coast. The one I refer to was from Hawaii.