Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Gil Scott Heron - pieces of a man (new vinyl badly presses and crackling one channel) and then the new Thundercat album
@bdp I followed your posting to watch and be completely humbled by Lelands bass videos... the fluid ease....

i ran with some cats in high school , one of which played a Fender Jazz - we loved Heavy Weather in a Springsteen town.... we were viewed as highly suspicious- and deserved it !!!!
The athletic vs artistic could apply in relative scale and visual impact to many many instruments and especially conducting... it might be my inherent laziness, but I prefer fewer notes played soulfully  to blazing staccato runs that after a bit all sound the same ( to me anyway ) I think Peart was an exception because of scope and subjects of the songs and the diversity of his kit - themselves...my $.03
@spirtofradio and @bdp24 you guys missed numerous greats, but definitely have a great list going!

My instructor is Henrique De Almeida. He just left Berklee as a professor. Brazilian burn. Unreal. Gadd, Colaiuta, Erskine, Morello, Alan Dawson, Bozzio, Wackerman, Hakim, Stanton Moore, Copeland, Carey, Buddy... SO many others in rock, jazz, latin. The list could burn down audiogon. Of course, it goes without saying Peart. Those are some of my big list.

Probably one, if not THE most amazing drummers I have ever seen is Keith Carlock. Relatively unknown as a household named drummer, currently plays primarily with Steely Dan. Look him up. Wow...