Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
I wanted to give a shout out to brother slaw... he mentioned that he had made a tweak to his VPI dual pivot and let me try it out.  I recently installed the dual pivot mod on my VPI Classic 2 (with Classic 3 tonearm) and one of the things I read about it is that the plate can get wear marks over time. 

Steve's tweak is to put a piece of thin PEEK plastic on the pivot plate.  He offered to let me try and my only thought was that it would be good for the plate.  I wasn't expecting any difference in sound quality, but I noticed a couple of things right away that were completely unexpected.  Things seemed a little more "airy" and it seemed like the background got a little "blacker".  Definitely worth a try if you have the dual pivot on your VPI. 

By the way, I'm happy that I did the dual pivot mod.  I like the stability it provides and think it improves sound and it makes setting your cartridge up easier IMO.
Glad you liked it Greg. On my Classic 3 it made it totally quiet which translates into clearer sound.