When did Musical Fidelity start making stuff in...

When did they start making their gear in China?
Thx
rapogee
the only thing worse than a flood of products from a territory that dismisses human rights and intellectual properties, is the flood of products which are being marketed as 'name brands', or silently sold as if they are still what 'they were', and are simply 'badged' as such. 'anyone' with enough capital can phone-in(and badge as 'designed by')orders for any product you can name. If Harley Davidson did this, they would not be able to keep it a secret....Since many audio companies are privately owned, disclosure is not necc. It would be the right thing to do, but will be unlikely, given the conditions their products are made under, and the margins they can make. there are lots of great sounding products that come from China, and i wouldn't criticize anyone for buying anything they liked...the 'makers' do owe it to their consumers however to be honest about their products. otherwise 'the name' means nothing.
Thanks everyone, I was just curious. The only thing that I can say here is it getting better. I am still sticking with my products made here mostly but like I said.....the Rotels, NAD's and Quad's are some samples of evolution for sure. Initially they did have issues with quality control, they are much better now. All in all.....I have NO complaints ever with my gear thats mainly made in the USA right from my Wilsons.....to my Oracle Turntable from Canada. I had one Shanling product once and I had my doubts then with its fit and finish, I trust they have drastically improved today compared to the model I had 6 yrs ago.
I have to buy some stuff like tupperware,levi's,underwear,batteries etc.Small inconsequential things.No problem.When it comes to stuff which is important to me like motorcycles,mushrooms and music[3M],I am sticking to American made products as much as possible,YMMV,cheers,Bob
With the chemicals used in China the Mushrooms may be a real "head turner" :)