Which Class D Amplifier? PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrill or other???

I’m looking for a new amp & want Class D.

I’ve seen various brands mentioned, such as PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrel to name a few, but I’ve not heard any of them.

Which company is producing the best sounding Class D?
Which models should I be looking to demo?

Thanks

singintheblues
"Also, because an amp uses GaN doesn’t necessarily make it better."

Hello toetapaudio,

I mostly agree with georgehifi on this one.  The critical factor is eliminating or significantly reducing dead time which reduces distortion.  

The use of GaN FETs, rather than silicon MOSFETs, is one method of doing this that seems like the method most companies are utilizing.
     The only exception I'm aware of is Ralph at Atma-Sphere that is developing their own version of a high quality class D amp.  Ralph has announced that they developed their own circuitry that eliminates dead time whether utilizing MOSFETs or GaN FETs.  They have a patent application pending on this circuitry.
      However, I believe Ralph stated that using GaN FETs along with his new circuitry would likely just further enhance his amp's sq performance.

Either way, dead time is going to be dead as disco. 

Tim
Cyloc, as a very happy owner of M700s paired with Stellar GC, 200 hours isn't near enough, unless break in is with a break in disc. Im looking forward to his response

And yes, cables & ICs matter- A LOT. 

Last night I spun The Eagles The Very Best Of ( 2 CDs). CD -1 was not well recorded, but dics 2 was, and the best Ive ever heard it sound by a wide margin
I have read through a fair amount of this thread but the back and forth between George and others became pretty tedious. I think the only solution to the "current class D is dandy" and the "current class D is too flawed to compete with A or A/B" war is this: A blind test - perhaps ABX if possible set up for George and or any proponents on the other side of this disagreement. If George can tell the difference between quality class D and class A/B amps in a blind test then his assertion would hold more merit for me. I don't own class D currently, FYI. 
I've looked at some of your other posts, and my reply is.

Tedious maybe to those that have no understanding of it's technology. 
If you don't have the technical ability to see what the new GaN technology is all about, then it's best if you don't even comment on it, as it shows a large degree of incomprehension.