Which hdtv would you recommend and why?

Hi,
Looking for a 55” to 60” 1080p hdtv for between $1500 to $3000. I am leaning towards a plasma tv but I am not completely sold yet. I am not interested in a 3D hdtv. What would you recommend and why? Thanks.

Joe in Mobile
magsterone
Be sure you are comparing any two sets *at their best*. This very rarely happens, in my experience. In fact, it is extremely difficult to do in an average, "big box,chain" store.

Good luck to you.
it's purely subjective of course, but i still think plasma is the superior technolgy for all but very bright rooms; plasma clearly has a significant edge in off-axis viewing and motion blur, and i've never personally observed a problem with heat with my several panasonics. however, several acquaintances and i have experienced some qualty issues with panasonic, esp. problems with power supply; all things being equal i might opt for a samsung plasma. if you scour web shopping sites like bradsdeals or dealnews, you'll find some often astounding daily deals from reputable sellers--for example, 6th avenue electronics is selling a 58" 1080 panny for $1375 + free shipping,
If you live in Hou, TX sometimes I can get you some crazy deal that the BlueBock cannot even touch. Good luck.
Plasma is outdated. It is being discontinued by all manufacturers. Hello?????It did not go over. LED is superior
Don't fall for the LED based on a hyped up store display! Plasma is still a very, very good technology, and they are affordable. LEDs are initially impressive, and my god, they are overpriced.