Which is Best loudspeaker in the $1000-1200 range?

I am planning to do an upgrade, and I would like to know which loudspeakers REALLY stand out in this price range. Please don't reply telling which loudspeaker you have. I want to know which are the true winners....I mean, those loudspeakers that cost a $1000 but sound like they cost $2500! Which are the "best buy" options that are a total consensus among audiophiles?
figueiredops
"Please don't reply telling which loudspeaker you have"

So you think people buy speakers that don't sound the best to them in the $1K to $1.2k range? They say "I think speaker A sounds better than speaker B but, I am going to go ahead and buy speaker B."

My advice would be to list you taste in sound (warm/bright), the rest of your system and room size to get the recommendations you are looking for.

Good luck.
Ok, I see your point. I prefer warm sound.
To me, an excellent, superb midrange is the most important thing. I don't need and I don't like tons of bass. My room size is medium; the speakers will be 3 meters apart and 0.5 meters away from the walls.
I forgot to add that my system is a Consonance CD120 ($1100) and an Arcam A80 ($1200). My DVD player is so cheap that it is not worth mentioning.